- Friday. Nothing important happened in school, except for the fact that I should be working on my thesis. OTL
- After school. Girl BFF invited me to have a ‘dinner’ together at Roxas Avenue. Our meal? Street foods! Yum.
- I and girl BFF stayed at the City Triangle while waiting for guy BFF to arrive. He was with his college friends at Abreeza.
- Uhh, since guy BFF didn’t arrive on agreed time, I and girl BFF decided to chow down so we left City Tri and went to the avenue.
- Appetizer: Siomai! That tasted quite good for an affordable siomai (6 for 20 Pesos). I should have put more sweet and chili sauce, though.
- Guy friend has finally arrived. We met halfway in the avenue. I love how friends can still meet in a sea of crowd at night. Hurrah!
- Main dish? Takoyaki. Hmm, it was okay, I guess. Its batter was too sweet, but I appreciate the presence of lots of cabbage! I still think that Victoria Plaza’s takoyaki is way way more delicious!
- Side dish? Taho. Yummy. It was warm to boot! A very fulfilling snack was had.
- Aww. Girl BFF is kind, she even bought a cup of taho for a street child who kept begging for mine but I was too greedy to give it to her. x_x I’m sorry, Lord.
- Some moar: Chicken dumplings fresh from the frying pan. The texture was nice, as if it imitated mini-chicken legs. The lumpia wrapper was the equivalent of the crispy chicken skin, while the soft meaty (and starchy?) content inside the wrapper was like the soft meat known as chicken protein. Hah
- The sauce was too salty, though. It totally killed the food’s flavor.
- Dessert: Dirty ice cream. Nah, it’s not dirty (I hope). I don’t even know why street ice cream is called dirty ice cream. But just to be sure, we chose to get our ice cream on cones from the ice cream cart of the lady vendor. There was a guy vendor, too, but, yeah. Weren’t we sexist?
- Strolled along the avenue until we found a cozy place to sit on. Good thing there are still a lot of trees in this area of the city. I love trees.
- We talked and talked and we got into music discussion and this song was one of the victims:
- I was constantly worried about mom at home, though. I found a reason to stand up and start walking: “Does the convenience store in front of us sell face masks? I badly need one, because my nose is so sensitive to dust blah blah” And so, we all went there together, met a high school senior, chatted with her a little, left that store after finding out they didn’t have face masks.
- Sent off girl BFF by letting her ride the jeep uptown-bound.
- Home bound.
January 2, 2015
- Two of my high school BFFs came over to my house, though it was already late in the afternoon. Nonetheless, we’re always happy just being together. We met up because we were preparing for the birthday gift we would give one of our BFF for his 20th birthday on the 3rd of January. We got him a very big greeting card, which was signed by other high school friends as well, thanks to my hard-working midget girl BFF. Guy BFF happened to bring gelatin powder, which we excitedly prepared and cooled to set for the next day. 🙂
- This is just a minor thing, but I’m happy that I got 6 questions on my ask! 🙂 Thanks, anon!
《 Part 2
Going back to the mainland
We rode the barge back to the mainland and a jeep to the mall or BF#2’s house. GF#2 lives pretty far from the center of the city and her curfew is early, so she had to go home and say goodbye to us for that day. The clouds couldn’t hold in the weight of water, so rain fell while we were still on the jeepney. We didn’t hate the rain, because we had already reached the shore. No, it’s just that there wasn’t time to think of hating the rain when all we’ve had for this day is fun~ Continue reading Summer before it ends: Beach outing with friends Pt3
《 Part 1
Yay! He finally arrived! There’s no time to waste anymore, so we positioned ourselves for a candid group shot.
|BF#1, GF#2, yours truly, BF#2, and GF#1. Still 5/6. We will be complete in the future, for sure. 🙂|
Yesterday was a very memorable day for me and high school friends! June 7, 2014. It was because our plan to have a beach outing has finally been realized for the first time after our high school graduation. It took us more than 3 years to see this dream come true right in front of our eyes. But there was just this one problem we have been having for more than 3 years. One member hasn’t been going home from his distant university and we still haven’t been together since the dawn of our college days. We didn’t let this bother us since we all know we still have many chances to get together. Continue reading Summer before it ends: Beach outing with friends Pt1